Use the information in the text to match the people (listed A-E) with the opinions (listed 1-7) below. Write the appropriate letter (A-E) in boxes 1-7 on your answer sheet. Some people match more than one opinion.
B Dr Brinkman
C Geschwind and Galaburda
D Charles Moore
E Professor Turner
Monkeys do not show a species specific preference for B
left or right-handedness.
- Human beings started to show a preference for right-handedness whent hey first developed language.
- Society is prejudiced against left-handed people.
- Boys are more likely to be left-handed.
- After a stroke, left-handed people recover their speech more quickly than righthanded people.
- People who suffer strokes on the left side of the brain usually lose their power of speech.
- The two sides of the brain develop different functions before birth.
- Asymmetry is a common feature of the human body.
Using the information in the passage, complete the table below. Write your answers in boxes 8 10 on your answer sheet.
One parent right-handed ........(8)........
Choose the appropriate letters A-D and write them in boxes 11 and 12 on your answer sheet.
A monkeys are not usually right-handed.
B monkeys display a capacity for speech.
C monkey brains are smaller than human brains.
D monkey brains are asymmetric.
A will often develop a stammer.
B have undergone hardship for years.
C are untrustworthy.
D are good tennis players.
Answers The Above IELTS Academic Reading Test Questions:1 B
Main IELTS PagesImprove your IELTS skills with our IELTS sample practice Tests, lessons and free preparation tips.
Don't Miss A Single Updates
✓Remember to check your email account to confirm your subscription.