In IELTS Speaking Test Part 1, you will get only 4-5 minutes to answer the questions. So, practice more and more, be careful and creative. Please note and practice these questions, as they may come up in the IELTS Speaking Test!
The questions in IELTS Speaking Test Part 1 are on three familiar topic areas. The first topic may be Studies, Work or Where you live. Your answers are from your life and experience. There is no right or wrong answer.
- Could you show me your identification card please?
- Could you tell me your full name please?
- What shall I call you?
- Does your name have any special meaning?
- Why do so many people change their names?
- Is your name important to you?
Hometown or Birth place or Village
- Where are you from? or
- Which city are you from?
- Where do you live?
- Describe to me the place that you live in today?
- Can you tell me something about your hometown?
- What is famous for? or
- What is your home town famous for?
- Can you tell me some famous landscapes or scenic spots in your hometown?
- Why do you like that area? or
- What do you like or dislike about it?
- What kind of place is it?
- Is it in a countryside or a big city?
- How long are you here for? or
- How long have you been living there?
- Do you enjoy your stay in (Such as Riyadh) ?
- Would you say it is a good place to live? Why?
- What's the most interesting part of your hometown?
- What kind of jobs do the people in your hometown/ village do?
- Did you study in school about your home town? or
- Can you tell me some history of your hometown? or
- Did you learn about your hometown's history in school
Personal background and information
- Are you a student or do you have a job?
- What do you like most about your study?
- What kind of job do you prefer after graduation?
- What is your major?
- What do you do for living?
- Could you tell me a typical day of yours?
- How do you get your job?
- Are you satisfied with your job?
- What do you like most about your job?
- What kind of job do you prefer in the future?
Hobby or inclination
- What do you usually do in your spare time?
- Do you prefer to stay alone or with your friends?
- What do you usually do on weekends and weekdays?
- What do you usually do when you go out?
- What do you usually do with your friends?
- Do you like reading?
- What kind of books do you like best?
- Do you like English? Why or why not?
- What do you think of the importance of English?
- What are good hobbies and bad hobbies? Why?
- Why do you take the IELTS test?
- What are you planning to do in the next five years?
- What are you planning to do in the next ten years?
- What is the first thing you will do when you arrive at the new place?
- Do you like traveling?
- Do you like travel alone or with your friends?
- Have you traveled to other places? Where are they?
- What do you usually do when you first arrive in a new place?
- What are the benefits of traveling?
- Why do so many people like traveling nowadays?
- Do you think it's true that travel broadens the mind?
- Do young people and older people benefit differently from travelling?
- How can you make sure you get the most from your travels?
- Tell me something about your family.
- What do you like doing most with your family?
- Who are you close to in your family?
- In what way is your family important to you?
- In what ways have families changed in the last hundred years?
- Should we rely heavily on our families or is it better to try to be independent?
- Do you have many friends? Are they casual acquaintances or close friends?
- Do you prefer to stay with your family or with your friends?
- Do you prefer one or two close friends or many friends?
- Can you talk about your best friend?
- How to make friends?
- What do you usually do with your friends?
- Is the time you spend with your friends as much as that you spend with your family?
- What do you expect from a good friend?
- Are friends as important to you as family?
- Do you think friendships change as we get older? How?
- Do you like music?
- What are the benefits of listening to music?
- What kind of music do you like best?
- Why do you like this kind of music?
- What is your favourite musical instrument?
- Can you say something about the transportation in your hometown?
- What is the common means of transport in your country?
- Do traffic jams often occur in your hometown or in the city where you live?
- How to solve the problem?
- What changes in transportation have taken place in the past several years in your country?
- Are you good at sport?
- What sports do you play?
- What is the most popular sport in your country?
- What do you do to keep fit?
- What are the best ways to keep fit?
- Do you think most people consider exercise a chore or do they find it fun?
- What is the most popular form of exercise in your country?
Main IELTS PagesImprove your IELTS skills with our IELTS sample practice Tests, lessons and free preparation tips.
Don't Miss A Single Updates
✓Remember to check your email account to confirm your subscription.