|Describe a teacher who has influenced you in your education. |
You should say:
Where you met him/ her?And explain why this person influenced you so much.
- How has education changed in your country in the last 10 years?
- What changes do you foresee in the next 50 years?
- How do the expectations of today’s school leavers compare with those of the previous generation?
- What role do you think extracurricular activities play in education?
Possible answer the above speaking cue card:I consider myself lucky to get several very good teachers throughout my academic years. Among them, I'd like to talk about Mr Smith who was an extraordinary teacher, a really good mentor and who has a great influence in my education.
I met Mr Smith when I was in class 4 and he was our math teacher. Initially, we thought that he would be a moody teacher and we would have to be very polite in front of him. This impression came mostly because of his serious face and tidy dress-up. But soon we found that he is a very friendly person and teaches us very well. He never made things complicated and tried over and over again to explain something to us. He had a unique way of teaching. Seems like he would start an interesting story and later we would find that he would relate the math to the story. Thus everything we learned from him was interesting and that's why we remember most of the theory and techniques of math he taught us.
I'd say he has a great influence in my education because he made a very strong foundation on Mathematics. Later on, I studied Science and Mathematics was the most important subject. I have always been good at math and that' mainly because of Mr Smith who had a major role in making the subject interesting to me. Before I learned math from Mr Smith, my impression on math was not good and I considered mathematics to be a very difficult and uninteresting subject. But his teaching and influences changed my way of thinking about math and later on math became my one the most favourite subject.
How to answer this cue card?Talk about a teacher you remember and liked. Say his/ her name and the class/grade s/he taught. Also, mention which subject she taught and what have you learned from him/ her. Following are some of the reasons a teacher becomes influential for a student that you can talk about:
- The way of teaching is very effective and interesting.
- S/he has a great personality and leads an exemplary life.
- S/he tells lots of example and stories to make the subject and topic interesting.
- S/he is a famous teacher on your locality who also taught your elder brother, father etc.
- S/he has a great personality and because of that, students like his/ her very much.
- S/he has is successful explaining difficult topics in an easy and intuitive way.
- S/he behaves very politely with all and never discriminates among students.
- S/he is brave and speaks the right thing no matter what.
- S/he teaches lots of moral values as well as inspires students to study properly.
- Apart from teaching, s/he does some social works, creative stuff and or anything which is beneficial for others.
- S/he is a great orator and has a great personality.
Don't Miss A Single Updates
✓Remember to check your email account to confirm your subscription.