IELTS Listening Test 2 - Section 4
Questions 31 – 35
Complete the sentences below
Write ONE WORD ONLY for each answer
31. Indian Railways is owned and by the government of India.
32. There are more than million people working for Indian Railways
33. The of the railways from 1857 occurred under Robert Maitland Brereton.
34. The joining of the East Indian Railway with the Great Indian Peninsula Railway led to a network of kilometres.
35. The route from Bombay to Calcutta, opened in 1870, was an for the book Around the World in 80 days.
Complete the table below
Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS for each answer
The network radiated inward from (36) , Madras, and Calcutta
It was not long before various independent kingdoms had their own (37)
When the war finished the railways were suffering from (38) and
Between 1920 and 1929, the railways had a (39) of around £687 million
The rolling stock that was moved to the Middle East included locomotives and (40) .
IELTS Listening Practice Test - Answers31. operated
34. 6400 / 6,400
37. rail(way) systems
38. disrepair / collapse (IN ANY ORDER)
39. capital value
Main IELTS PagesImprove your IELTS skills with our IELTS sample practice Tests, lessons and free preparation tips.
Don't Miss A Single Updates
✓Remember to check your email account to confirm your subscription.