IELTS Listening Test 5 - Section 4
Choose the correct letter, A, B, or С.
31. The tomato originally came from
32. The original color of the tomato was
33. The Aztec word for tomato means
- golden apple.
- plump thing.
- small fruit.
34. In the 1500s, people in Spain and Italy
- enjoyed eating tomatoes.
- used tomatoes as ornamental plants.
- made medicine from tomatoes.
35. In the 1600s, the British
- saw tomatoes as poisonous.
- published tomato recipes.
- ate tomato sauce daily.
Complete the timeline with information about the history оf the tomato in the United States.
Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS for each answer.
1806 - Tomatoes were mentioned as food in a (36) .
1809 - Thomas Jefferson (37) at his home in Virginia.
1820 - A man proved that tomatoes were not poisonous by eating them (38) .
1830s - (39) appeared in newspapers and magazines.
1930s - People began to eat (40) .
IELTS Listening Practice Test - Answers
- Served tomatoes
- In public
- Tomato recipe / tomato recipes
- Raw tomatoes
Main IELTS PagesImprove your IELTS skills with our IELTS sample practice Tests, lessons and free preparation tips.
Don't Miss A Single Updates
✓Remember to check your email account to confirm your subscription.