Choose the correct letter, A, B, or С.
31. Initially, the Great Wall was built to
- prevent invaders from entering China
- function as a psychological barrier
- show country’s enduring strength
32. The construction of the Great Wall started
- in third century B.C.
- in 220 B.C.
- in 390 A.D.
33. The Chinese name of the monument is
- the Great Wall
- the Big Wall
- the Long Wall
34. The wall as it exists today was constructed mainly by
- Qin dynasty
- Northern Wei dynasty
- Ming dynasty
35. During the Ming dynasty, the wall’s main purpose was
- to be a military fortification
- to protect caravans traveling along the trade routes
- to contribute to the defense of the country
Complete the timeline with information about the history оf the tomato in the United States.
Write NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS for each answer.
36. Before the use of bricks, the Great Wall was mainly built from stones, wood and .
37. Many western sections of the wall are constructed from mud and thus are more .
38. A part of the wall in Gansu province may disappear in the next 20 years, due to .
39. To see the wall from the Moon would require superhuman .
40. The Great Wall is generally recognized as one of the most impressive in history.
- rammed earth
- susceptible to erosion
- frequent sandstorms
- architectural feats
Don't Miss A Single Updates
✓Remember to check your email account to confirm your subscription.