I made several blogging tricks in my previous articles. So, I thought to discuss few important SEO mistakes done by webmasters. Correction of SEO mistakes will improve the visibility of your blog in search engine result page. At the same time SEO will improve Google page rank and bring more traffic to your blog/ website. So, you must avoid these important SEO mistakes to make descent traffic to your blog or website. Well, now let me explain those mistakes briefly :
1. Hiding content inside imagesSome web masters used to display their content inside the images. Search engines will not be able to read the content inside images.
3. Use Flash only websitesEven though the Flash can make an exciting blog, search engines can’t read the content inside the flash. You can make up your blog by flash scripts but never add your content inside the flash scripts. Use HTML instead of flash.
4. Usage of Search engine friendly URLsDon’t use unrelated URLs. Use appropriate URL which can describe your content. Don’t worry about the length of the URL
5. Use automated directory submission softwareNever use automated software for directory submission. They will consider them as spams. Your blog will get banned from those directories. Use manual submission as an alternative. Submit to well-established directories by using unique Titles and Descriptions. Then they will not consider as copies.
6. Link exchange programsThis is a time wasting program. No value. You will get nothing. Other thing is your link will be removed after few days without informing you. I did this for this blog and got nothing.
7. Use same meta title and meta description in every pageOnce you use same meta title and meta descriptions for all the posts the search engines will consider all the posts as one post. Then your whole site will not index. So use different Meta tags for different posts. But never use inappropriate meta descriptions. Place key words inside the content.
8. Use unnecessary key words and usage of excessive key wordsUseless competitive keywords rather than using high competitive keywords. Then you can get instant traffic from search engines. Use Google Adwords tool to find appropriate keywords
9. Usage of wrong key wordsYour key words should match with your content. Key words should summarize the content of your article.
10. Copying someone else’s content and paste it on your siteNever do this, because your site will be penalized by search engines. If you blogging on blogger they will ban your blog as well
11. Poor quality contentYour content should be high in quality. Low quality and duplicated content is penalizing by search engines and you will get nothing by just posting that type of content.
12. Poor site navigationYour content should be prominent rather than your ads. Pop-up windows should be avoided. Your navigation bar should give links to relevant content
13. Irrelevant linksThe links on your site should related to your content and those links should lead to the relevant page
14. Expectation of quick resultsSEO is not a quick way to increase traffic to your blog. You need to be patience in order to get results. Sometimes it takes weeks to months to get the desired effect. So you should have sustained motivation to work on SEO.
15. High loading time of the pageVisitors don’t like to waste their time. So, you must consider a good hosting plan to improve the loading time of your blog or website.
These are the most important SEO mistakes done by most of the webmasters. You must pay your attention on each and every point above mentioned while you are promoting your blog.
Don't Miss A Single Updates
✓Remember to check your email account to confirm your subscription.