IELTS Cue Card With Answer - Describe someone in your family
|Describe someone in your family who you really admire.|
You should say:
What relation this person is to you?And explain why you really admire this person.?
- What are the values of family in your country?
- How family bonding is necessary for happiness in life?
- What type of family do you like? Nuclear family or joint family?
- How family value and bonding have changed over the last decade?
Possible answer the above speaking cue card:I've got a small family with only five members and all of us are very close to each other and we love each other very much. Among them, I love my mother more than anyone else in the whole world. I adore my mother for her caring, loving, adorable behaviors and wit. She is the person I can share everything with and that's the reason I worship her so much.
Possibly she was the first human I saw when I opened my eyes in this world. A relationship with a mother is divine and all of my childhood memories are either related to my mom or my school. I can still remember a day I was late to come back home after school and that's because there was a ceremony at the school I did not know about. All of a certain I found that my mother was entering through the school gate to find me. I was so frightened that my mother would rebuke me for being late unnoticed and she must be mad at me. But to my best surprise, when my mother saw me she had a warm smile on her face that I'll never forget till my last breath on this earth. Then she hugged me and gave me a kiss. I felt then that I love my mother more than me. She attended the program at the school and afterwards we came back home together.
I spent my 19 years or so with my father and mother but I stay at a metropolitan city now for my education. Whenever I get a vacation, I meet my mother at my village home. On an average, I spend 2/3 months with my mother each year but I talk to her over the phone almost twice a day.
The reasons why I admire her are endless. She is caring, tender, she has got a big heart and she possesses a great love for everyone. She had been an ideal mother to raise 3 kids and making sure our education and moral values. She had made a lot of sacrifices all of her life and had never complained about anything to my best knowledge. She is the person who reminds me the power of love and caring.
How to answer this cue card?
You already know a lot about your family members and this cue card should be an easy one to answer. Just focus on the questions mentioned bellow the Cue card topic. Following questions may come for this cue card and note the quick answers of these questions:
- Who is he/ she? : My mother / My father/ My brother/ My sister etc.
- Your relationship to this family member: She is my mother/ he is my father etc.
- What you do together: We walk out together/ cook together/ study together/ talk a lot about family issues etc.
- What is s/he like- He/ She is kind, talented, energetic, works a lot, dedicated, caring, possess a great personality, open minded etc.
- How long do you know him /her: From my childhood/ all of my life/ for more than 20 years etc.
- How often do you see him/her: Everyday/ once in a month/ most of the time I stay at home/ in every three months etc.
- Why do you like him/ her or why do you admire him/ her?: S/he loves me a lot, very close to me, very caring, have a good heart, talented, helpful, my best mentor etc.
- Since grandfather, grandmother, uncle, aunt, etc could be the part of a joint family, you can describe any of them if you have a joint family.
While talking about what is s/ he like or what qualities he/ she has or even why do you like/ admire him/her you can use some of the following points:
- For father: He is honest, brave, had a good heart, talented, leads an ideal life. has sacrificed a lot to up-bring us, is an exemplary person, everybody respects him, is the best person I have ever seen, Loves me very much, hardworking, punctual, talented etc.
- For mother: She is so caring, loving, hardworking and possesses a good heart, had done a lot to up-bring us, very close to me, very understanding, one of my best friends, knows a lot of things and has so many practical skills etc.
- For brother: He is so brave, talented, well mannered, knows a lot about different things, has always supported you no matter what, he is loved and liked by others, cooperative and have lots of memories together, like a mentor to me, is my best buddy, taught me almost everything he knows, always protects me etc.
- For sister: She is caring, a good friend, loving, a good mentor, helps you on study or on other tasks, supportive, a very good friend, talented and well-mannered.
Necessary vocabulary for this cue cardRelatives = Your family members are also your relatives.
Nuclear family = A nuclear family, also called an elementary family, is a type of family group consisting of a pair of adults and their children.
Extended family= An extended family extends beyond the nuclear family, including grandparents, aunts, uncles, and other relatives.
Sibling = Siblings are your brothers and sisters.
Relationship Synonyms = Tie, link, attachment.
Admire Synonyms: Adore, idolize, respect, revere, honour, hold in high regard, think highly of, esteem.
Memory Synonyms: Remembrance, thought, reminiscence, recollection, musing.
Phrase with meaningBring up = Raise a child.
Look after = Take care of.
Rely on = Depend on:
Be close to = Having a strong bonding.
Get along with -= Being close and friendly.
Admire = To respect and like someone.
Main IELTS PagesImprove your IELTS skills with our IELTS sample practice Tests, lessons and free preparation tips.
Don't Miss A Single Updates
✓Remember to check your email account to confirm your subscription.