|Describe someone in your family who you really admire.|
You should say:
What relation this person is to you?And explain why you really admire this person.?
- What are the values of family in your country?
- How family bonding is necessary for happiness in life?
- What type of family do you like? Nuclear family or joint family?
- How family value and bonding have changed over the last decade?
Possible answer the above speaking cue card:I've got a small family with only five members and all of us are very close to each other and we love each other very much. Among them, I love my mother more than anyone else in the whole world. I adore my mother for her caring, loving, adorable behaviors and wit. She is the person I can share everything with and that's the reason I worship her so much.
How to answer this cue card?
- Who is he/ she? : My mother / My father/ My brother/ My sister etc.
- Your relationship to this family member: She is my mother/ he is my father etc.
- What you do together: We walk out together/ cook together/ study together/ talk a lot about family issues etc.
- What is s/he like- He/ She is kind, talented, energetic, works a lot, dedicated, caring, possess a great personality, open minded etc.
- How long do you know him /her: From my childhood/ all of my life/ for more than 20 years etc.
- How often do you see him/her: Everyday/ once in a month/ most of the time I stay at home/ in every three months etc.
- Why do you like him/ her or why do you admire him/ her?: S/he loves me a lot, very close to me, very caring, have a good heart, talented, helpful, my best mentor etc.
- Since grandfather, grandmother, uncle, aunt, etc could be the part of a joint family, you can describe any of them if you have a joint family.
While talking about what is s/ he like or what qualities he/ she has or even why do you like/ admire him/her you can use some of the following points:
- For father: He is honest, brave, had a good heart, talented, leads an ideal life. has sacrificed a lot to up-bring us, is an exemplary person, everybody respects him, is the best person I have ever seen, Loves me very much, hardworking, punctual, talented etc.
- For mother: She is so caring, loving, hardworking and possesses a good heart, had done a lot to up-bring us, very close to me, very understanding, one of my best friends, knows a lot of things and has so many practical skills etc.
- For brother: He is so brave, talented, well mannered, knows a lot about different things, has always supported you no matter what, he is loved and liked by others, cooperative and have lots of memories together, like a mentor to me, is my best buddy, taught me almost everything he knows, always protects me etc.
- For sister: She is caring, a good friend, loving, a good mentor, helps you on study or on other tasks, supportive, a very good friend, talented and well-mannered.
Necessary vocabulary for this cue cardRelatives = Your family members are also your relatives.
Nuclear family = A nuclear family, also called an elementary family, is a type of family group consisting of a pair of adults and their children.
Extended family= An extended family extends beyond the nuclear family, including grandparents, aunts, uncles, and other relatives.
Sibling = Siblings are your brothers and sisters.
Relationship Synonyms = Tie, link, attachment.
Admire Synonyms: Adore, idolize, respect, revere, honour, hold in high regard, think highly of, esteem.
Memory Synonyms: Remembrance, thought, reminiscence, recollection, musing.
Phrase with meaningBring up = Raise a child.
Look after = Take care of.
Rely on = Depend on:
Be close to = Having a strong bonding.
Get along with -= Being close and friendly.
Admire = To respect and like someone.
Main IELTS PagesImprove your IELTS skills with our IELTS sample practice Tests, lessons and free preparation tips.
Don't Miss A Single Updates
✓Remember to check your email account to confirm your subscription.