|Describe a journey you went on. |
You should say:
Where you went?And describe why you enjoyed your journey? Or, if not, why?
- What are the importance of traveling?
- What type of places do you recommend people to visit on vacation?
- What places do you want to visit in future? Why?
Possible answer the above speaking cue card:I like visiting famous places and whenever I get a vacation, I try to visit new places or places that I have heard about. One such trip that I took with one of my friends was a journey to Holland. I would like to talk about this tour to Holland that we took 2 years age.
Both of us (me and my friend) wanted to visit Holland and specifically Amsterdam, Hague and Rotterdam very much because we saw pictures and heard stories from friends about how beautiful and wonderful the place is. So finally we applied for the visa, bought plane tickets, booked a hotel, packed our bags and our trip began.
We spent a lot of time before our holiday, researching of all the interesting places to visit and all the sights to see. So we went to Risks museum, Van Gogh museum, Amstell Beer museum, took a romantic sunset cruise in the water channels, drove to Volendam, a small prettiest fisherman village, visited a cheese farm. We went to Rotterdam, which is the architecture city of Holland that stimulates innovation. We enjoyed the architectures and building there as much as we did walking in the neat roads and besides the beaches. Visiting the famous Anne Frank house was an exciting moment for me. I've read the Anne Frank's Diary in my early childhood and witnessing the place was very much exciting.
Every evening we took long walks along the channels, resting in small gardens, which Amsterdam has a lot of. Street artists were performing everywhere and a lot of people came to watch their show.
We enjoyed very much everything we did and especially in such a beautiful country. Having my friend by my side on this trip made it even more fun. Since we have never been to Holland, everything we saw and did seemed interesting and completely new to us. The people, their way of interpreting their culture attracted us very much. Before leaving the place, both of us agreed that the place is worth visiting and someday we would come back to re-explore it.
Tips for answering this cue card questionYou are free to talk about any journey you are comfortable to talk about. It can be a journey to another city of your country, to a historic or tourist place, a foreign country or to a relative or friend's house to a different location. While talking about this cue card, take some notes of a journey you remember particularly where you went, what was the purpose of going there, how you traveled there, what you saw on your way and at the place, what you did, how long you stayed, whom you met there, who you went there with.
If you liked the journey tell about some exciting things you watched and did there than the usual things you do. For instance: you can mention some of the great places you visited there, the sightseeing of the journey. Do not focus too much on the place you went rather emphasis what happened on the way. This cue card is a bit different that 'Describe a place you have visited' where you would mostly describe things you watched and did on the place but for this cue card you should mostly tell about your experience during the journey.
Some key points to mention for this cue card
- You had the plan to visit this place for a long time and when you had the journey, you had been excited about the whole thing.
- You would meet a friend or relative after a long and that made you feel good.
- You have some memories related to this place and visiting there was a good experience for you.
- If this is a foreign country, say that you had a longing to visit this country.
- The weather was comfortable and there was no interruption on the way.
- You had friends with you and you enjoyed their company as well as the vehicles.
- This was not a typical journey that you usually take.
- The natural beauty surrounding the roads was charming.
- You observed some different custom and culture there.
Don't Miss A Single Updates
✓Remember to check your email account to confirm your subscription.